Monday, August 18, 2008

Brings me to tears

It's 7:00pm and I finished Nikki's book. It always seems that we come to some sort of "revelation" at a certain point in our lives. Usually something has to happen. In any case, as I said before, a lot of his book spoke to me. As I was reading one of the last pages, he says:

"What I've learned in this life so far is to let the little things go as much as possible and try to swerve to miss the big things. Life is like a long ride to nowhere in particular. We're bound to get a flat tire somewhere along the journey and it's never a good time for it to happen... in fact, it's usually pouring rain or a blizzard when you feel the car jolt from the tire that just blew out underneath you and ripped away at your safety and support.

But we don't have a choice really. We have to get out, fix the flat, get back in the car and head back out on the highway of life."


So true. So true.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Amen sister!!!!!

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.