Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Accessibility and Responsibility

From NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams and nightly.msnbc.com.

It’s nice to see a President accessible and own up to his mistakes – not only via press release, but also on national television. Here are a few remarks that gave me chills and left me with more hope, despite the “mistakes.”

“..I’ve got to own up to my mistake, which is, that ultimately, it’s important for this administration to send a message that there are not two sets of rules… I’m frustrated with myself, with our team, but ultimately, my job is to get this thing back on track….”

“The fact of the matter is Tom Daschle pulled out today, and I’m here on television saying I screwed up. And that’s part of the era of responsibility is not, never making mistakes, it’s owning up to ‘em and trying to make sure you don’t repeat ‘em. And that’s what we intend to do.”

--President Barack Obama


See the video here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#29002023

No comments: