Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Been a While..

I've been thinking about writing for weeks now, but haven't been sure what to write. I'm kinda taking my life a bit less public for a bit, just for a change. It actually feels a bit odd in a way.. most people know everything about my life, but I also learned from over the summer that sometimes it's best to keep personal things personal for a bit. It's a cool experiment and I'm seeing that both ways work.

October was pretty much a whirlwind. I traveled just about every weekend for different things--some planned some not. But that's what it is to live life. I'm always complaining about not seeing people as much as I'd like, but I do have to tell you all that traveling in October had me fairly tired. Not to mention that I was still working and was deep into my Paralegal program (which is going great by the way!).

With all that being said, I'm still inside this context of "life is passing me by." Sometimes I think it's not the best thing for me to be on Facebook all the time, as I see just about 300 people's lives and what they are doing every 5 minutes. I continually say: "wow, that would be great to do, or visit," etc. But I'm not in action about doing new things or being proactive in getting together with people. Or at least I wasn't.

I do have to say I miss so many of my friends. Many of my close friends are all over the country. I am blessed to have them in my life, but I long to see them. As I just went to my 20th High School reunion last month, I really got to see first hand how much "old friends" are a part of my life and my heart.. seeing that those times include substantial growth, it's understandable that the bonds are fairly strong. So not only did I see people I haven't seen in 10 or even 20 years, there are some that I'm still in contact with and consider my best friends. Being able to hang out with them most of the weekend was needed and extraordinary. Great conversations were had; bonds were strengthened.

I think I need to find out what will fulfill me--not necessarily what will make me happy, but what will have me making the difference I want to make in the world, while making me happy. I miss playing my clarinet, miss friends, miss leading at Landmark. There's so many things that I think it's time to just get them all down on paper and create a plan. I also just realized, this would be a great time to start thinking about 2009 and what to create. It usually takes me forever and/or I never finish my outlook for the year. Maybe that should be my resolution for the year: creativity and inspiration. Pretty cool :)

1 comment:

My Thoughts said...

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan there. Write it down. Plan your work, work your plan. But do know, through the modern age of technology you are there in your friends lives--and you are loved. Sometimes all God calls us to be--is just be loved. We love you Kathy!