Tuesday, December 30, 2008

HS Thingie

This was sent via DAB's blog.. I couldn't resist :)

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!! REPOST with name of high school and graduating year in the subject box.

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No.

3. Did you car pool to school? No. I usually had to be there REAL early and my mom was the only one dumb enough to drive me :) Well, she kinda had to.

4. What kind of car did you have? Buick.

5.What kind of car do you have now? Celica.

6. Its Friday night...where were you? Either playing at a football game, or watching movies with my group, or dancing later in high school.

7. It is Sat night...where are you? Same as Friday minus the football game.

8 What kind of job did you have in high school? I worked at Domino’s, Pizza Inn and Albertsons.

9. What kind of job do you do now? International Advisor at a Berklee College of Music.

10. Were you a party animal? Depends.

11. Were you considered a flirt? Yes.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band baby.

13. Were you a nerd? No.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No.

15. Can you sing the fight song? Never knew it. I just knew the clarinet parts or how to direct it.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? Senior year? Mr. Verdon, Mrs. Pittman.

17. Where did you sit during lunch? The Commons when we had it, then the lunch room.. usually with my group.. band people and otherwise.

18. What was your school's full name? Grapevine HS.

19. When did you graduate? 1988.

20. What was your school mascot? Grapevine = The Mustangs.

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Yes, even though a lot of it was painful.

22. Did you have fun at Prom? Definitely. One of the highlights.

23. Would you talk to the person you went to Prom with? Yup – still do and I’m blessed.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Just did.. depends on when the next one is.

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Many.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Did you date someone from your school? No.

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No.

3. Did you car pool to school? Not in high school. My brother had already graduated and my sister dropped out. It was just me...

4. What kind of car did you have? Nike, Adidas, or Reebok...

5.What kind of car do you have now? Saturn VUE.

6. Its Friday night...where were you? Back then, The Amarillo Little Theater rehearsing and blocking or running shows. Now, at home.

7. It is Sat night...where are you? Back then, The Amarillo Little Theater building sets or running shows. Now, at home.

8 What kind of job did you have in high school? Student... my parents were cool in that they told me and my siblings that we COULD work if we WANTED TO, but we didn't HAVE TO...

9. What kind of job do you do now? Software Test Engineer at a large software company.

10. Were you a party animal? Only in my own head, apparently...

11. Were you considered a flirt? Only in my own head, apparently...

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? No, no, and no... not even in my own head...

13. Were you a nerd? Still am, and proud of it...

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? No, but I'm remembered in the yearbook as the guy getting a detention... funny story there, but you probably don't want to hear it...

15. Can you sing the fight song? I remember that there was one, but lyrics and melody haven't endured the passage of time...

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s) Senior year? Mr. Vroom (Physics - Professor Von Vroom), Mrs. Heath (French - Madame Eat (the H's are silent in French)), Mrs. Jacob (Drama - she let me call her Jake, but no one else could...).

17. Where did you sit during lunch? Usually in someone's car or at a table at someone's house or a restaurant (we still had off-campus lunches back then).

18. What was your school's full name? Tascosa High School.

19. When did you graduate? 1989.

20. What was your school mascot? The Tascosa Rebel.

21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Only if I could know back then what I know now, 'cause what's the point of going back if you can't fix the mistakes.

22. Did you have fun at Prom? Yes and no. I'm glad I went, but I'm sure I wasn't the best date...

23. Would you talk to the person you went to Prom with? Yeah, but I haven't seen her since 1990, so I'd need a P.I. to find her...

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? Planning to... depends on the economy.

25. Do you still talk to people from school? Every once in a while.