Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Boys in the Top Again!

From HallandOates.com:

Hall & Oates number 15 in Billboard's Hot 100 most successful artist list

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, Billboard has compiled a list of the most successful Billboard Hot 100 chart artists from the past 50 years. Hall & Oates are listed at Number 15!

From Billboard.com:

The Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists

The definitive list of the Hot 100's top 100 artists, based on all charting titles from August 1958 through July 2008.

How were Billboard's 50th Anniversary Hot 100 song and artist charts determined? Read the FAQ.

01. The Beatles
02. Madonna
03. Elton John
04. Elvis Presley
05. Stevie Wonder
06. Mariah Carey
07. Janet Jackson
08. Michael Jackson
09. Whitney Houston
10. The Rolling Stones
11. Paul Macca/Wings
12. Bee Gees
13. Chicago
14. The Supremes
15. Daryl Hall & John Oates

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, hold on a sec... I'm not saying H&O don't deserve their spot in the Top 20, but seriously... Chicago rates higher...? And the Jackson siblings back-to-back? And The Who isn't even on the list? What kind of bad crack are they smoking before compiling this list?

Kathy G said...

Yeah I know.. not sure what the deal is with all of that. I tend not to agree with many of these, especially Rolling Stone for some reason, but IMO Led Zep would be at the top. I didn't read the entire article to find out how this was determined, but I would guess it's due to record sales?? Who knows? There was also a comment on the Billboard site that said that Pink Floyd wasn't on the list.. shameful.

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine that Janet has had more record sales than Michael... but what do I know, I gave up on popular music a LONG time ago... I have my favorites (to which I do add newer musicians from time to time), but for the most part, when I'm listening to my satellite radio, it's either talk-radio or the 80's and 90's music channels...