Thursday, October 15, 2009

Note to Self

It seems that every day I have a day from hell, Jax gives me the next day, and maybe even the next, of rest and joy. I keep having to remember that she is a human being too and maybe on some days she has a bad day, doesn't feel well, or wants to be moody. I mean, she is a girl :)

I also have to remember that her growth right now is insane. For all I know, her crankiness could literally be due to growing pains!

Yesterday and today she has slept a lot, which in the past states that she's in a growth spurt time. Her smiles have been readily available and she's talking to all the inanimate objects in her room.. "learning" to talk. It's actually quite cool to watch, but I keep looking for things to stimulate her. All I do is watch where she is looking and explain each thing that she's looking at.

Earlier today, it was her lamp. Little did I know all the cool stuff we bought at IKEA would be a baby's playground :)

Thankfully I'm almost back to normal. I'm also fairly certain that if I get enough sleep I can deal with anything.

Although there are some tough decisions to make and work to get in action about to re-create my life, I have gotten some inspiration over the past couple days and I guess it's time to act on it.

The life of a mom.. or maybe, it's just the life of a woman.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For the learning to talk thing... Are you going to use the baby sign language with her?

Kathy G said...

Hi Beth!

Yes, I am.. we've already been incorporating a few with her to see what happens. I also have a DVD and other stuff that I got as a shower gift.. I can't wait to start using it and had this in mind many years ago!