Friday, February 22, 2008

Done and DONE!

I'm not sure if I mentioned my road to law school on this blog, but over the past several months, I have been applying to law school, or preparing I should say, since October. I wrote a 5-piece blog on my Myspace blog about how all of this came about, but the cliff notes version is that my new law interest was due to my stint in Jury Duty late last year, and what transpired over those three weeks.

I felt so at home in the courtroom, and due to not really enjoying my job in educational sales at the time, I thought, why not? All it's going to be is time to prepare for the LSAT and a few hundred dollars in application fees, so let's go for it! With a final blessing from my husband, I was back hitting the books. These are the two I swear by, for your information:

Logical Reasoning Bible

Logic Games Bible


I took the LSAT three weeks ago and received my score EARLY of all things! I got a 140, and although that's not what I would have liked, I was glad to see a "4" in the number! I was also in the middle of submitting my applications when I got the news.

As of 8pm tonight, all four applications were complete and sent! With the score in, I'm sure I will find out within the next 2 weeks if I've been accepted or on a wait list.

No matter what happens, for one of the first times in my life, I am truly proud of myself. I actually had to stop myself from "being proud" during the LSAT! I just couldn't believe I was taking the test, AND felt prepared enough to take it!

And now, here I am with applications completed. When I started this process, I had no idea if I'd even continue, but when the LSAT studying was actually interesting, well, that was a great sign!

I'll post more on this when I hear news.. now, on to the kitchen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so incredibly late in catching up with your blog, but I gotta say, WAY TO GO, WOMAN! You rocked that test, and surely any darn school will be glad to have you. Congratulations on your fearlessness!
Love,
Kim