Thursday, February 14, 2008

Headaches and Getting High

I'm not one that is into drugs, but I have to say a word about Excedrin.

I used to suffer from migraines eons ago, and they were debilitating. I even went to the doctor several times to see what I could get for it. At one point I was on three different prescription drugs, one of which was a muscle relaxer. And, none of them worked. At best, one of them deadened the pain, but I was so loopy I couldn't work.

I found that it was stress related and as soon I realized that they subsided, but since then (it's been a bit over 10 years), I needed to find something when I got that occasional headache or migraine. As I went thru all the over the counters you can find in your local CVS, I found my beloved Excedrin. I say 'beloved' as anyone who has suffered from ongoing headaches or migraines, you know, not only how annoying they are, but how painful and interfering they are in your life.

In some ways, it doesn't even matter what type of Excedrin you get, just as long as it has the caffeine in it. I swear by Excedrin as it's the only thing on the market (including prescriptions) that works. However, the big part of it is... the high feeling I get when I take it.

It takes about 15 minutes, but when it kicks in, I'm happy, jolly, in a good mood and can type faster than anything! LOL And it's not that the headache is gone either.. it's just well, cool. My husband can't believe that I take it before bed sometimes, but when I do, that is the best. There is a floaty feeling just as I'm falling asleep.. a peace.

I know I talk about this thing that sounds like heroine for some people, but it's just amazing. I share this as so many people suffer from headaches and this at least gives you an option to have it go away. Obviously I am no doctor and if you do suffer with them consistently it could be something else, but for the occasional headache? Try the little green bottle :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Excedrin..I'm feelin' ya, sister! I am never without it. Thank God it's legal!