Monday, February 18, 2008

The TUBE Has Deflated

The TUBE

I may be late on this one, but due to the end of last year being a bit crazy due to starting the kitchen remodel, jury duty and deciding to apply to law school, I just found out information that made me quite sad.

For you music video lovers, and specifically those that love classic vids, The TUBE Music Network seemed like a musical angel when it arrived on the cable networks. A friend in Dallas turned me on to it. Was this the old MTV where they actually played videos?? It included no VJs, incorporated funny quotes, and fan-oriented--overall, just great. I even considered working for them and had talked to a contact via email in NYC.

Due to the holiday today, I thought I would click it on and do some work; smiling here and there at the long lost video I had forgotten about. But no. It wasn't listed on the guide. I checked 4 times.

I decided to research online and got the Wiki entry that I have linked above. It was gone as of October 1, 2007. Amazing.

For those that didn't get to see it, you missed something. I do feel like I was part of history, and who knows, maybe it will be back. But while it was here, I do have to say it was one of the best channels ever.

I did feel 12 again.. like watching MTV for the first time.

R.I.P., The TUBE.

No comments: