Monday, May 12, 2008

Birthday Dinner

Yes, it was that good I had to post what I had.

The Capital Grille
Newbury Street
Boston, MA

Trimbach Pinot Gris 2004

*Pear and apple notes with a touch of honey and vanilla

Shrimp Cocktail
*5 FRESH shrimp served on a bed of huge ice cubes
*Make your own cocktail sauce! (small metal containers for sauce and horseradish)

Special Capital Grill Salad

*Boston lettuce with Julianned Red Delicious Apples, Candied Walnuts, dried cherries, Gorgonzola cheese with a Champagne Vinaigrette

Fillet Oscar
*Capped with crab meat, topped on 4 asparagus stalks

Side of Au Gratin Potatoes

Chocolate Hazelnut FOUR layer cake!


The food was some of the best I had.. but what got the snob in me?? Due to having a black dress on, they SWITCHED my napkin from white to black so I wouldn't get white lint on my dress!!! That was a first for me and I've gone to some great places!

What a treat.. a big thanks to Berkleemusic, as this was one of my bonuses when I worked there (the gift card), and for Joe for joining me on the meal of a lifetime!

No comments: