Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Onto the next..

Today ended up being somewhat of a blessing time-wise. I had a bit of time before I headed out to IVF, yet again for another procedure, so I thought I would write.

I am headed to get a Sonohistogram. This is more for insurance purposes, but it's understandable why they need to do this. We met with the doc last week and luckily it wasn't me that caused the folicles to shrink, but it's just what happens sometimes with Clomid. He said it was like a "one size fits all drug" and it either works or doesn't.

He suggested that we move onto IUI, which is more of an invasive procedure. The insurance wants to make sure that I'm healthy "inside," and I guess I do too. If there are issues, it will answer a lot of other questions, but I don't foresee this being an issue.

It's a quick procedure, but not comfortable.. bottom line is they have to take pictures of my uterus to make sure things are OK. That may have been too much info, but hey, that's what's happening. LOL

Oddly, I am not feeling nervous. It could be that I have all the info I need on how this procedure will be done and I also went thru a similar test to check if my "tubes" were blocked or not. That was X-rays and this is ultrasound so I'm not going to the hospital for this one.

As I said above, today ended up being a blessing time-wise. I was going to be leaving work at 1p (which is earlier than scheduled) and I was concerned as I was busy this morning checking in students and thought it would be worse after lunch.

My main supervisor is at a conference so my other colleague was my partner. Another colleague of mine and myself told her that we had been taking a 30 min lunch. She had things to do, it wasn't too busy, so she wanted to take the full hour. For me, that meant that I could leave more than a half hour early. This also meant, that I didn't have to rush, could make sure I could rest a bit before I left for IVF, which also leads to a better experience in the procedure.

To top it off, it was supposed to start raining at 10a and continue thru the afternoon. When I came out of the office, it seems like it's 85 and very humid. Not very common here in Boston, but I'll take it. Rain, most of the time, makes me sad and a bit down. All I can say is that it looks like someone was looking over me today.. giving me the extra time AND sun to walk home in was a huge relief for my soul.

I always say that things happen for a reason. Getting myself centered and in partnership with this procedure really has made my life easier. It's nothing to resist--either I accept it or not and move on. This is nothing painful, I got thru the other one, and I'm strong.

I'll close here, but I am finding this entire process extremely interesting. Much of my life is transforming and part of the time I'm in it and part of the time I'm watching myself. But thru it all, I am VERY aware of myself and how I'm perceiving things. Between therapy, the seminars I'm assisting around, and reading "A New Earth"--they all have been powerful tools I can use in any situation.


Aside from that, I just want to note here how excited I am about David Cook winning Idol! I haven't been this into Idol.. or I have been and my contestant usually gets booted off earlier. But it was SO great to have a rocker win this one! Here he is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AxLVnkCL4

Anonymous said...

If an HSG was easy for you, a sonohist was probably cake. Hope things looked nice and rosy in there!