Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Extended Birthdays

Ever since high school, people used to laugh at me and say I was a snob, cause I not only had my actual b-day, but my "birthday week." It still makes me laugh :)

One of the girls I work with in my office is a Taurus too and had her birthday on Friday. I asked her if she had a b-day week, and she said yes. It's the Tauri women.. we love our b-days, friends, and cake :)

My b-day is continuing to get extended to at least today. Last night I got a surprise from my friends that I assist/volunteer with at Landmark Education. Without me knowing, one of the girls ran around the center to people I knew to get signatures (not all of them were on our team), and then they sang to me at the end of the night when our assisting agreement was over. We even went over to IHOP afterwards (which is walking distance from the center) instead of them heading to Chow Chow's in Chinatown. I'm sorry--I don't eat shrimp heads and I refuse to go :)

Today, I got two cards. One from my buddy Sandi, which was very cute, and the other from my mother in-law. I just want to say right now that I have the best in-laws EVER. Although I can understand when people say their in-laws drive them nutz, but I actually enjoy spending time with them.. Joe has a lot of family in MN.. it's nice.

She said some of the most moving things.. she got done reading my April overview blog and wanted to relay her thoughts. I will keep those for me, but know that it was not only "motherly," but also heartfelt, authentic, and well, it just made sense.

Thank you, M, for always letting me be me and accepting me as I am. It means more than you know.

I am blessed.

No comments: