Thursday, May 15, 2008

Silent Raves?

I got really excited when I saw "Silent Rave in Boston" just now. As some of you may now know, I was a raver back in the early and mid-90s. They were some of the happiest times in my life. Whether that was at a "rave club" (RIP Proteus) or out in some field, we had a core group in Austin that would meet every week (or just about every week) to mingle, have fun and dance til dawn.

Thoughts of Austin, CA and Dallas:


I hadn't heard about "silent discos" or "silent raves" until a minute ago. Here's the info for the Boston one tomorrow.

I'm torn if this would work for me.. I think it would be interesting to watch, however. Cool thing is each person can have their own music as you use an iPod, but how weird is that for the people walking by!?! HAHA

If it's nice tomorrow I may check this out.. I'll be sure to tell you if I actually did this :)

No comments: