Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stealing and the New Apple Store

I know I just wrote earlier today, but I had to ask this.. if you have anything on your car (say an antenna topper or magnet), do you get this stuff stolen? I never had this issue in Austin. For the longest time I'd always put Jack in the Box heads on my antenna or put a magnet on my car. I usually took them off due to them being on there so long they looked gross. Or, if it was gone, it was usually after a trip to or from Dallas, where I knew the wind may have blown if off cause I was doing 75 for three hours.

But just recently I put an awesome Boston Red Sox magnet on the back of my car. I NEVER put anything on my car. It was classy.. big, red Boston Sox "B." It looks like this:

Photobucket

I have no idea how or when this happened, but it's gone. Yes, it is a big assumption that I'm saying someone stole it, but come on. There is NO way this "blew off" my car.. it's a MAGNET (very much like the ribbon magnets you see.. flat, and made for cars). Needless to say, I was pissed. Someone actually saw it, went to my car to see if it was a sticker or not, and then proceeded to remove it and walk away without anyone seeing.

I hope they are happy with it.


In other news, this at least made me feel better. The new Apple store opened literally next door to where I used to work. They had the front covered for months.. in fact, when I got the email that it was opening tonight, I was surprised because the nasty green boards were still up just days ago. But now I know why it was hidden. I literally screamed "OH MY GOD," when I saw this pic below. I may be turning into a geek, or at least an Apple Geek, but this is BEAUTIFUL.

I'll be checking this out at lunch or after work tomorrow.. YESSSSS!!

Photobucket

No comments: